Competitive Grants Fuel Innovation
From 2019 to 2021, Precision Health offered two competitive grants programs to support the development, growth, and enrichment of precision health tools, resources, and applications.
- Scholars Awards, to generate interest among graduate students, fellows, residents, and trainees, and
- Investigators Awards, to encourage new collaborative research projects rooted in precision health to advance science and develop health innovations.
Funded projects advanced work in precision health, address areas such as biological advances; diagnostics; therapeutics; analytics; software/programming including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and sensors; and related areas. Funded projects:
- Used U-M Precision Health datasets and/or analytic tools, and/or expanded the U-M Precision Health dataset through additions to the cohort or novel datastreams
- Involved multidisciplinary collaboration, engaging investigators from two or more schools
- Focused on pressing health problems, such as cancer, mental health, and opioid misuse prevention