Competitive Grants Fuel Innovation
Precision Health offers two competitive grants programs to support the development, growth, and enrichment of precision health tools, resources, and applications.
- Scholars Awards, to generate interest among graduate students, fellows, residents, and trainees, and
- Investigators Awards, to encourage new collaborative research projects rooted in precision health to advance science and develop health innovations.
Proposals are encouraged that clearly advance work in the area of precision health and address biological advances; diagnostics; therapeutics; analytics; software/programming including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and sensors; or related, innovative areas. Especially encouraged are proposals with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Use U-M Precision Health datasets and/or analytic tools or create new tools and/or expand the U-M Precision Health dataset through additions to the cohort or novel data streams
- Involve multidisciplinary collaboration by engaging investigators from two or more schools
- Focus on pressing health problems, such as cancer, mental health, metabolic disease, or opioid misuse prevention
- Generate new data or capabilities that will be of value to and shared with a broad range of the U-M Precision Health community
- Demonstrate strength in the qualifications and experience of the investigator(s) and propensity to lead to externally funded project(s)
- Draw in external partners